Sew Glorious, LLC
Terms and Conditions: (Thank you for reading them:-)
- General: These Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) constitute the entire understanding and agreement between the Customer and Sew Glorious, LLC relating to the purchase of the garment alterations described on the invoice (the “Services”) and supersedes and replaces any and all prior agreements, whether written or oral, that may exist between them with respect thereto. These Terms may be amended only in writing signed by the Customer and Sew Glorious, LLC.
- Services and Charges: Sew Glorious, LLC will provide and charge only for services agreed upon by the Customer and Sew Glorious, LLC.
Acceptance- Sew Glorious, LLC will begin to perform the Services only upon receiving an agreement of acceptance of these terms from the Customer for the Services as well as a Good Faith Deposit.
Good Faith Deposit- A good faith deposit of $100 for bridal gowns and $50.00 for other formalwear (Bridesmaid's and Mother's Dresses) will be collected at the first fitting and will be deducted from the total cost of alterations. Should alterations cost less than the deposit, a refund will be issued at the time of pick up. If it is determined at the initial fitting that the deposit exceeds the total cost of alterations, a lesser amount of deposit will be required.
Measurements- Services provided are based on the measurements provided at the time of Customer’s first fitting. Any measurements set forth on the invoice shall be conclusive evidence of the Customer’s measurements at the time of the first fitting.
Any changes in a Customer’s measurements resulting in a change of services that were agreed upon at the first fitting may result in additional or different Services to be performed and will be subject to additional charges.
Design Changes- Any Customer requested changes in the design after the initial fitting and which result in different or additional services to be performed shall be subject to additional charges.
Pressing and Spot Cleaning: A final pressing and steaming of the garment is included in the alterations price. Spot cleaning is included to remove make-up and alteration markings that occurred during the altering of a garment. Sew Glorious, LLC is not responsible for cleaning of any markings, soil, or odors present on the garment prior to the garment being brought to Sew Glorious, LLC.
4. Completion of Services: Upon completion of the Services agreed upon between the Customer and Sew Glorious, LLC, payment in full shall be due at such time. Receipt of such garments will constitute acceptance and satisfaction with the Services provided by Sew Glorious, LLC as well as acknowledgement that the garment is deemed to be in satisfactory condition. Such an acceptance will occur with the removal of the garment from Sew Glorious, LLC’s premises by Customer or Customer’s representative, the issuance of an invoice, and payment in full.
5. Pick up and Storage: Sew Glorious, LLC will notify the Customer when the garment is complete and a pick up time will be determined. If a Customer’s garment is not picked up by the wedding date supplied by the Customer to SewGlorious, LLC, a fifty dollar ($50.00) per month fee will be assessed and billed to the Customer commencing on the proposed wedding date in addition to any other rights and remedies Sew Glorious, LLC may have at law or hereunder. All accounts must be paid in full before Customer’s garment/s may be removed from the store. If Customer is unable to pick up the Customer’s garments, it is the Customer’s responsibility to notify Sew Glorious, LLC and provide the name of the person who is authorized to do so. Once garments are removed from the premises, Customer bears all risk of loss and damage as to such garments.
6. Satisfaction/Dissatisfaction: Sew Glorious, LLC will make every effort to satisfy Customers. Sew Glorious, LLC will work collaboratively with the Customer to determine the number of fittings needed in order to complete the work on the garment. If at any time Sew Glorious, LLC and the Customer determine the work is not being performed in a satisfactory manner and/or Sew Glorious, LLC is not unable to complete the work on the garment, Sew Glorious, LLC will return the garment to the Customer. The Customer will be responsible for paying for services completed on the garment.
7. Cancelled Event: If the Customer's event in which they are to wear the garment altered by SewGlorious, LLC is cancelled, it is the Customer's responsibility to notify SewGlorious, LLC in a timely manner. The garment must be picked up by the original date provided by the Customer to SewGlorious, LLC and paid in full. If a Customer’s garment is not picked up by the wedding date supplied by the Customer to SewGlorious, LLC, a fifty dollar ($50.00) per month fee will be assessed and billed to the Customer commencing on the proposed wedding date in addition to any other rights and remedies Sew Glorious, LLC may have at law or hereunder.
8. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES SEW GLORIOUS, LLC MAKES NO GUARANTEE AS TO THE FIT OF ANY GARMENTS BEFORE OR AFTER SERVICES ARE PERFORMED. UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, ALL SERVICES ARE PROVIDED AS-IS, AND SEW GLORIOUS, LLC HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL SEW GLORIOUS, LLC, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, PAIN AND SUFFERING OR MENTAL ANGUISH, RELATED TO OR ARISING OUT OF THE SERVICES. IN NO EVENT WILL SEW GLORIOUS, LLC, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES, RELATED TO OR ARISING OUT OF THE SERVICES IN EXCESS OF THE PRICE PAID BY CUSTOMER FOR THE SERVICE WHICH IS THE SUBJECT OF THE CLAIM.
10. Force Majeure. Any delay or failure in the performance by Sew Glorious, LLC, and LLC shall be excused if and to the extent caused by the occurrence of a Force Majeure. Force Majeure shall mean a cause or event that is not reasonably caused by or under the control of Sew Glorious, LLC, including acts of God, fires, floods, explosions, riots, wars, hurricane, terrorism, vandalism, governmental acts, injunctions, labor strikes, and errors or omissions of a manufacturer or its distributor.
11. Governing Law; Enforcement. These Terms shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without regard to principles of conflicts of law. In the event of a dispute relating to the Services, Sew Glorious, LLC, LLC may recover from Customer all expenses and attorney fees it incurs in enforcing these Terms, including costs of collecting any unpaid amounts due from Customer. All legal actions relating to the Services purchased hereunder shall be adjudicated in the circuit court for Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
12. Miscellaneous. The failure of either party to enforce any right granted hereunder or to take action against the other party in the event of any breach hereunder shall not be deemed a waiver by that party as to subsequent enforcement of rights or subsequent actions in the event of further breaches. Invalidation of any of the provisions contained herein, or the application of such invalidation thereof to any person, by legislation, judgment or court orders shall in no way affect any of the other provisions hereof or the application thereof to any other person, and the same shall remain in full force and effect, unless enforcement as so modified would be unreasonable or grossly inequitable under all the circumstances or would frustrate the purposes here.